We are very pleased to announce the 2011 major release of OrcaFlex, version 9.5. As always it takes time to produce and despatch installation CDs but clients with up-to-date MUS contracts can expect to receive the software in the first half of November.
The major enhancements introduced in 9.5 are as follows:
- Slam loads.
- Wave drift damping and manoeuvring loads for vessels.
- P-y models to model lateral seabed reactions for vertical lines.
- Equivalent line modelling.
- Support for SHEAR7 version 4.6.
- Improved automation capabilities.
- Replays can track and follow the movement of objects.
- Docked model browser.
- External functions: now available with the implicit solver and can be written in Python.