World-leading software from a world class company
Founded in 1986, Orcina is now widely recognised as a global leader in its field, with a well- established reputation for innovation, excellence and real-world capability.
At the heart of our activities is our unique OrcaFlex software, which has set a new industry standard where dynamic analysis is concerned.
OrcaFlex is primarily used by naval architects, engineers, consultants and designers to analyse and solve engineering problems. Our software and approach is flexible enough to accommodate the needs of large corporates requiring hundreds of licenses and individuals who just require one.
The core sectors we serve are focused on research, analysis and engineering in oil & gas, wet renewables, oceanographic, seismic, defence, and aquaculture. However we are constantly developing our software to meet the needs of evolving engineering challenges and new market requirements.
A wide range of applications
Typical applications in offshore dynamics include:
- riser systems: SCRs, TTRs, hybrids, flexibles, umbilicals, hoses
- mooring systems: spread, turret, SPM, jetty, etc.
- installation planning with capabilities across the full range of scenarios
- towed systems: bundle dynamics, seismic arrays, towed bodies, etc.
- defence, marine renewables, seabed stability and many other types of system