A whole year has now passed since we released OrcaFlex 9.3 which means that it is time for the release of OrcaFlex 9.4! As always it takes time to produce and despatch installation CDs but clients with up-to-date MUS contracts can expect to receive the software some time around the end of August.
The major enhancements in version 9.4 fall into the following categories:
- Improved performance of the OrcaFlex post-processing spreadsheet.
- Enhancements to modal analysis: whole system analysis, better performance.
- Enhancements to fatigue analysis: mean stress, mooring fatigue using T-N curves, SHEAR7 fatigue.
- Line contents modelling: free-flooding, slug flow, spatial and temporal variation of contents.
- Vessel data import enhancements for generic text files.
- Better handling of vessel RAO data which omits zero period response.
- Improved modelling of solid contact at edges and corners.
- Line floats wizard now supports Reynolds number dependent drag.